Interested in a career as a professional lifeguard? Turn to Pittsburgh Lifeguarding of the South Hills. Through our videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills, first aid, CPR/AED and other skills you will need to work as a professional lifeguard. Our training options feature two core courses - Lifeguarding and Shallow Water Lifeguarding (available in a blended learning format) - plus optional add-on modules, including waterfront skills or waterpark skills modules.
Successful completion results in a 2-year certification in lifeguarding that includes first aid, professional-level CPR and AED in one certificate. A digital certificate is available upon successful completion of course.
Our Class Options Are
- Traditional Lifeguarding Certification Class – This is a three day class 25 hours and 20 minutes long. This is for someone who has never been a lifeguard before or has let their certification expire. This has no online portion.
- Blended Learning – Consists of 19 ½ hours of in person training and 7 hours of online class prior to attending the in person class. The online portion must be completed 48 hours prior to class. Upon completion of the online portion they will give you a certificate of completion (this must be brought to the first class). We will give you a link to the online class.
- Lifeguard Recertification Class – This is for someone who is already a lifeguard and has not let their certification expire. They must have an American Red Cross certified lifeguard. You must bring your card / certification to the first class.
- Shallow Water Lifeguarding – Is a 24 hour course for lifeguards only working shallow water.
- Waterpark Lifeguarding – is a add on to you lifeguarding for the total of 2 hours and
- Water Park/Shallow Water Lifeguarding Bundle
- Traditional Lifeguarding
- Blended Learning
- Shallow Water Lifeguarding
- Water Park
|$240 Minus Deposit (see below)|
$240 Minus Deposit (see below)
$107 Minus Deposit (see below)
$35 to the Red Cross, $205 Class Minus Deposit (see below)
$230 Minus Deposit (see below)
****** $50.00 Non Refundable/Non Transferrable Deposit required to hold your seat
Feel free to give us a call for detailed information about our schedule and pricing.